this PAST QUESTION ON BIOLOGY contains the suspected jamb past question and is updated yearly. the question is single out from the jamb.org.ng past question.
ON PAST QUESTION, PEOPLE ARE ALSO CHECKING:
JAMB GOVERNMENT PAST QUESTION.
JAMB ENGLISH PAST QUESTION
JAMB ENGLISH PAST QUESTION(COMPREHENSION ONLY)
JAMB QUESTION -JAMB QUESTION AND ANSWER 2020
PAST QUESTION ON BIOLOGY
1. Fishes are cold-blooded because their
A. constantly low B. constantly high
C. dependent on that of their surroundings
D. regulated at willBiology 1986
2.. When the original king and queen of
they are replaced by
A. the king and queen of another colony
B. some adult reproductivefrom the same
C. some adult workers which are specially
fed to breed.
D. Developing nymphs nurtured as secondaryreproductive.
3. The Male cockroach differs from the
female by having
A. mandibles B. a pair of styles C.
D. a pair of cerci.
3.The fins making up the limbs of the bony
A. caudal and ventral B. ventral and pelvic
C. pelvic and pectoral D. pectoral and
4. The stem differs from the root in having
and phloem strands
A. on the same radii B. scattered C. on
D. towards the pith.
5. Oxygen liberated during photosynthesis
demonstrated to come from
- carbon dioxide B. air C. water
6. Which of these is a trace element?
A. Iron B. Copper C. Calcium D. Sulphur.
7. The main organic substances found in the
A. carbohydrates, proteins and salts B.
fats and proteins C. fats, carbohydrates
proteins D. salts, fats and carbohydrates.
8. Which of the following elements is
the formation of haemoglobin?
- Sodium B. Potassium C. Calcium
9. The severe deficiency of vitamin C leads
A. kwashiorkor B. beriberi C. pellagra D.
10. In addition to the high calories
derived from fats
and oils, they are
A. used in producing new cells B. necessary
formation C. used as insulators from cold
D. required for growth
11 The extract from a food substance reacting
sodium hydroxide and copper sulphate
will produce violet to purple coloration if
A. fats are present B. carbohydrate is
C. protein is present D. reducing sugar is
12. The three important organs that are
to the stomach are
A. kidney, liver and gall bladder B.
pancreas, liver and
kidney C. liver, kidney and spleen D. gall
pancreas and spleen.
13. Evidence that a tooth is a living part
mammalian body can be found within the
- gum B. pulp cavity C. cement D.
14. Blood circulation in a mammal is said
to be double
A. it passes twice through the heart in the
circuit B. it moves in both arteries and
C. it circulates in both the heart and
D. the heart contains auricles and
15. Which is the correct order of water
loss from the
leaf? 1Mesophyll 2Veins3Substomatal cavity4
A. 3 2 1 4 B. 2 3 1 4
C. 2 1 3 4 D. 1 2 3 4.
16. The aperture between the left auricle
and the left
ventricle is guarded by the
A. auricular valve B. tricuspid valve
C. ventricular valve D. bicuspid valve.
17. A major limitation in the use of the potometer
measuring the rate of transpiration is that
A. it is made of breakable glass material
B. it measures therate of water intake
C. it measures the rate of water loss
through the stem
only D. the movementof the air bubble in
potometer cannot be timed accurately.
18. Which of the following statements is
with respect to inhalation in mammals?
A. intercostal muscles contract B. diaphragms
C. ribs are raised D. pressure of the
19. The equation that can be used to
process of anaerobic breakdown of sugar is
A. C6H12O6+2C2H5OH+ 2CO2
B. 6CO2 + 6H2O’! C6H12O6+ 6O2
C. C6H12O6 + 6O2 ’! 6CO2 + 6H2O+ energy
D. C6H12O6 ’! 2C2H5OH+ 2CO2 + energy.
20. If a person is bitten by a snake on the
leg, it is
advisable for the person
A. keep moving so that the venom will ooze out
bleeding B. wash the wound with water
antiseptic C. bandage the wound so that
not get in through it D. keep still and
tourniquet above the wound.
21. Deamination occurs in the
A. kidney B. pancreas C. spleen D. liver.
22. In the mammalian skin, melanin and
contained in the
A. sebaceous gland B. sweat gland
C. subcutaneous layer D. Malpighi an layer.
23. Two main distinguishing features of the
vertebra are the presence of
A. short neural spine and vertebraterial
B. prezygapophysis and cervical ribs
C. large centrum and cervical ribs
D. vertebraterial canal and large centrum
24.. Nastic movement is
A. response to light stimulus B.
C. directional D. response to internal stimulus
25. In which of the following does external
- Toad B.LizardC.BirdD.Cockroach.
26.In the tapeworm, the suckers on the
A. sucking the blood of the host B. holding
to the host C. reproduction D. Locomotion
27. A feature which adapts birds to flight
A. scally legs B. light bones C. two
D. a pointed beak.
28. The nephridia in the earthworm form
part of the
A. reproductive system B. respiratory
C circulatory system D. excretory system.
29. Which of the following diseases is
by a housefly?
A. Yellow fever B. Dysentery C. Typhoid
30. Which of the following cellsis
living at maturity?
A. Collenchyma B. Sieve tube C. Xylem
to check other past question on biology please go to the past question page!
Tell someone about this article